Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Additional hours as required
Exova has over 45 years of industry experience and is one of the most respected testing services companies in the world. The Sandnes laboratory, based near Stavanger, Norway, offers extensive facilities across a wide range of mechanical, metallurgical and corrosion testing.
Working as part of an experienced and talented team of Engineers and Metallurgists, your main areas of responsibility will include:-
• Metallurgical evaluation and testing
• Standardised corrosion testing
• Failure analysis
And as part of the technical team providing support in the following areas:-
• Onsite testing – overseeing larger test scopes and documentation control
• Project work – organising and carrying out client specific test programmes
• Sour-service testing – autoclave SCC/SSC testing, HIC testing
The job function therefore includes the following:-
• determining the client requirements and hence the test scope,
• booking in the job and producing test worksheets,
• carrying out actual testing,
• evaluation of test samples after testing,
• producing the final report,
• maintenance of equipment and testing laboratories, ordering relevant consumables
As a successful candidate you will be expected to have strong metallurgical knowledge possessing qualifications at degree level.
We are looking for a self-motivated, reliable person with excellent attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills. Team player attitude and the ability to work independently are also highly valued attributes in a Metallurgist.
Exova offers competitive salary and benefit packages commensurate with experience and also the opportunity for further training and career prospects. We believe in developing our people, harnessing their enthusiasm and inspiring them to excel.