Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
An opportunity has risen for a Scientist (Electro Chemistry) to join Honeywell’s City Technology Limited, based in Portsmouth.
City Technology Limited is a market leader in the field of gas sensing technology. We design and manufacture high quality award winning gas sensors that are exported all over the world. As a subsidiary of Honeywell, ours is a professional, fast-paced and team driven environment where talent and initiative are developed and rewarded.
About the role
The role of Scientist will support the Sensors group to research, initiate, develop and deliver new sensor technologies. Generate ideas for improvements to existing products and manufacturing processes, and sustain current products and processes by providing technical support.
• Research new technologies and concepts applicable to electrochemical gas sensing technology
• Develop research and/or development concepts through to prototype working examples
• Assist in product development through to implementation into manufacture
• Undertake data acquisition, analysis, and report findings in technical reports
• Review and appraise academic and patent literature applicable to electrochemical sensing technologies
• Generate intellectual property through the submission of patent applications
• Define and lead problem solving exercises and provide general technical support to Manufacturing and Instrumentation groups
• Provide Oral and written communication to manager and wider team members
• Planning and management of individual project activities
• Applicants must hold a PHD in Electrochemistry
• Previous industrial experience working within Sensor, Battery or Fuel Cells industries
• Strong problem solver
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with the wider R+D team
Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce