Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Fellowships for Biomedical Research in India
For postdoctoral researchers wishing to establish their own independent laboratory in India.
Four to seven years of post-PhD or equivalent clinical/public health research experience.
For those with a proven track record leading an independent research group to expand their research programme in India.
Seven to twelve years of post-PhD or equivalent clinical/public health research experience.
• No age or Nationality restrictions.
• A PhD in biological sciences is not necessary; candidates can have a PhD in any discipline of science but the proposal should include a biologically relevant question.
• It is not mandatory for the clinician and public health researchers to have a PhD in order to apply. Their research experience and qualifications are used by the office to advise on the eligibility. http://wellcomedbt.org/clinical_researcher.html
• The candidates need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to establish an independent research career in India.
Remit: Full spectrum of biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular studies, through clinical and public health research. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome. http://wellcomedbt.org/iafellows.html
Provisions: The 5 year Fellowship support provides:
• Competitive personal support
• Generous and flexible funds for research and staff
• Funds to develop international collaborations
• Flexible funding to accommodate clinical /public health research program
Essentials on the application:
• A research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
• A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award. A salaried position or commitment to a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
• A sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award.
Preliminary applications due by 15 March 2013
Application forms are available on the India Alliance Online application System (IASys) https://fellowships.wellcomedbt.org. Please visit our website www.wellcomedbt.org for further information on the application process.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is an independent charitable trust registered in India