Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Job Title: Performance Product Specialist
SABIC’s Innovative Plastics business seeks high energy, creative, goal focused individuals with ability to work in a global team with good communication, engineering and problem solving skills needed to drive growth in a diversified global business.
• As an integral part of the Performance Technology team, working in a cross-functional environment, lead and deliver projects needed for effective commercialization of new products, strategic core-product growth initiatives, and optimization of products in close partnership with various manufacturing, supply chain and marketing functions.
• Work closely with manufacturing, commercial and sourcing teams to evaluate and identify opportunities for effective cost out. Initiate and lead specific cost out programs for the business working closely with cross-functional teams.
• Partner with product development teams to identify, validate and implement potential second sources for critical raw materials in large scale production.
• Where appropriate utilize tools to deliver Lean Six Sigma performance while implementing projects or new technology to our engineering thermoplastics portfolio.
• Lead regulatory submissions and audits for products with specific Underwriters Laboratory ratings and specifications for Americas Performance Technology. Work closely with product technology, manufacturing, and product management teams to resolve potential non-compliances.
• Provide product line support with regards to datasheets, commercial data packages in a timely fashion. Provide needed support to the site customer issue resolution team and product technology to help resolve customer complaints in a timely fashion.
The site is located in Mt. Vernon, IN; just outside of Evansville, IN.
• Degrees: Bachelors in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Technology, Materials Science, or other related degree.
• Sound knowledge of basic mechanical and chemical engineering fundamentals.
• Proven ability to manage and lead multiple projects and deliver on their objectives.
• Able to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate global team projects.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across different functional disciplines.
• Previous work experience in an industrial set up.
Country United States of America
State/Province Indiana (IN)
Please visit us at www.sabic.com/careers to learn more about SABIC.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About our company
SABIC’s Innovative Plastics business is a leading global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with operations in more than 35 countries, and over 9,000 employees worldwide. We are a multi-billion dollar business unit of SABIC, one of the most respected petrochemical companies in the world. As part of the SABIC family of businesses, we attract world-class diverse talent, and develop their leadership and technical skills. Every day our people redefine the plastics industry with their passion, creativity and innovation to create breakthrough solutions that enable safer, more environmentally responsible products.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.