Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Job Title: Process Technology Engineer
Auto req ID 3581BR
Relocation Assistance Yes
Department Technology & Innovation
Functional Work Area Research
SABIC seeks high energy, goal-focused individuals who are proactive in problem solving and have the leadership and communication skills needed to help a diversified global business achieve its goals.
The process technology engineer role will lead technology efforts to develop, scale-up and improve new and existing products and processes for the productions of Cycolac and Geloy resins. The primary function of this role is to be the engineering resource interfacing process & platform technology programs with the Cycolac and Geloy activities. This role will also provide technology support for quality/ productivity/ 2nd source raw material qualification for the business, largely utilizing the Technology Service Request (TSR) process. He/she will have the responsibility to:
• As part of a cross-functional team based in an industrial plant environment, lead and deliver the technical deliverables that are necessary in the design and commercialization of new polymers and polymer blends and/or in the optimization of existing polymer-based products
• Developing new processes and improving existing processes to develop new polymer molecules, blends and resins to provide growth to the business by accessing new markets.
• Working in an interdisciplinary team to define new opportunities and to find cost effective material solutions for new engineering materials.
• Work with manufacturing operations to identify opportunities for productivity, quality and throughput improvements, then developing and implementing process technology to achieve those goals.
• Interface with manufacturing, quality, and commercial teams to provide technical leadership in the design and commercialization of new processes.
• Plan and manage projects to develop and advance new process technology from the laboratory scale, through the pilot scale & commercial implementation, using modeling and statistically-based tools to establish product and process capability.
• Extending rigor to take new products from the laboratory to the manufacturing floor, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
• Establish inclusive and early partnerships with ancillary technical functions such as product technology, analytical technology, and color technology to proactively plan and gain inputs on process development programs.
• Use statistical design of experiments to deliver Lean Six Sigma performance while inventing, developing, and implementing new technology to our engineering thermoplastics portfolio
• Commitment and interest in the rigor required to transform new processes from laboratory-scale to commercialization, including the consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
•A Strong technical/manufacturing experience in free radical polymerization chemistry and engineering prefered
Assignments may include: Analysis of commercial data to identify strategies for reducing materials & utility usages; development and scale-up of processes to manufacture new intermediates or resins, including pilot-scale testing, evaluation of equipment options, and commercial trials; testing of reactor start-up procedures; evaluation of separations capability using process simulation tools & developing options for improving performance; mass and energy balances; process troubleshooting and optimization.
Qualifications/Requirements • Degrees/ Experience: BS (+ 5 yrs min), MS (+3 yrs min) or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
• Strong background in fundamental engineering principles (mass and energy balances, thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, unit operations, reaction kinetics and engineering, fluid mechanics, modeling, etc.) required.
• Demonstrated ability to solve relevant technical problems in the field of study with appropriate use of experimental design and statistical analysis. Experience with Statistical analysis tools, ASPEN process simulation software and Design of Experiment approach a plus
• You must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• For positions in Bay St Louis you must present to the Company a valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Coast Guard prior to commencing employment.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time for both domestic and foreign locations
• Only applications posted to the following link will be considered http://www.sabic-ip.com
• Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills; able to deliver technical messages effectively to non-technical stakeholders and team members
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional disciplines (e.g. business leaders, technicians, chemists, chemical engineers, and manufacturing teams).
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives
Country United States of America
City Bay St. Louis
State/Province Mississippi (MS)
General To apply for this position please:
Log onto www.sabic-ip.com/careers
Click on Search Openings
In the Keywords Text Box, type in the job title
Complete the required fields and submit resume
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About our company
SABIC’s Innovative Plastics business is a leading global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with operations in more than 35 countries, and over 9,000 employees worldwide. We are a multi-billion dollar business unit of SABIC, one of the most respected petrochemical companies in the world. As part of the SABIC family of businesses, we attract world-class diverse talent, and develop their leadership and technical skills. Every day our people redefine the plastics industry with their passion, creativity and innovation to create breakthrough solutions that enable safer, more environmentally responsible products.
No agency submittals.
The company will assist with the costs of relocation.