Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Job Title: Product Development Specialist Noryl
Auto req ID: 3556BR
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Department: Technology & Innovation
Functional Work Area: Engineering Research
SABIC is a world leader in providing materials solutions in engineering thermoplastics.
In order to support our continuous growth strategy we are looking for a:
As member of the Global Noryl Technology team, you will lead new technology efforts for developing proprietary polymers and products within the Noryl business. Your main responsibilities will be:
• Lead New Product Introductions and execute technology programs to drive short and long term business growth strategy.
• Provide and develop technical leadership in initiating and driving Noryl Product Development programs with strong focus on Design for Six Sigma.
• Lead Noryl Platform and Product technology efforts to develop innovative solutions for customers with close interaction with them.
• Provide technical leadership supporting scale-up and implementation of next generation Noryl products working closely with process, other product development, and manufacturing teams.
• Provide technology support to Noryl manufacturing as needed to help troubleshoot and optimize plant performance.
• Ensure effective interaction and communication across functions and to business management.
The site is located in Selkirk, NY just south of Albany, NY
Qualifications/Requirements • Ph.D. in Polymer Science & Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science
• Demonstrated technology excellence with proven ability of program management and coordination.
• You must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Strong knowledge of polymerization fundamentals and materials characterization is desired.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organization and interaction skills.
• Ability to work in cross-functional and global teams.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven six sigma skills.
• High energy, results-oriented.
Country United States of America
State/Province New York (NY)
General To apply for this position please:
Log onto www.sabic-ip.com/careers
Click on Search Openings
In the Keywords Text Box, type in the job title
Complete the required fields and submit resume
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About our company
SABIC’s Innovative Plastics business is a leading global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with operations in more than 35 countries, and over 9,000 employees worldwide. We are a multi-billion dollar business unit of SABIC, one of the most respected petrochemical companies in the world. As part of the SABIC family of businesses, we attract world-class diverse talent, and develop their leadership and technical skills. Every day our people redefine the plastics industry with their passion, creativity and innovation to create breakthrough solutions that enable safer, more environmentally responsible products.
No agency submittals.
The company will assist with the costs of relocation.