Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Title: Process Chemist
Auto req ID: 3521BR
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Department: Technology & Innovation
Functional Work: Area Engineering, Research
SABIC's Innovative Plastics business is looking for an innovative and resourceful Chemist who is seeking to use their technical and project leadership skills to drive growth in the largest product line within our specialty business unit.
The opportunities in this role are ideally suited for individuals who enjoy leading a mix of projects including new chemistry development, new product development, process piloting, and plant optimization. The main focus of this position’s workgroup is the development of new polymers/copolymers, improving existing processes and, and developing next generation process technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about applying creative solutions at all scales of materials development from the lab and pilot scale to the commercial scale. This role requires an individual with strong project management experience and the ability to work in a global team. A history of creativity and problem solving is required for this position.
Some particular job functions include:
• Identifying and leading process development projects.
• Applying new chemistry advances to produce new materials for a variety of markets.
• Developing robust analytical methods and implementing sampling and measurement protocols.
• Bench to pilot plant execution for scale-up of new compositions, troubleshoot and find solutions to chemistry issues.
• Identifying and leading projects focusing on optimization of scaled-up processes.
• Trouble-shooting and solving process issues in a plant environment.
The site is located in Selkirk, NY just outside of Albany, NY.
• PHD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or equivalent.
• More than 3 years of experience in an industrial setting.
• Experience in the synthesis of high performance/specialty polymers.
• Experience with thermoset formulation and processing.
• Demonstrated excellent level of analytical problem solving and research skills.
• Proven Technical track record with a very creative mindset.
• General understanding of chemical process hazards.
• Excellent understanding and experience in analytical chemistry.
• You must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must possess the ability to work in a team of Chemists, Chemical Engineers and Technicians.
• Experience in taking programs from concept to commercialization preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to translate lab chemistry to pilot and commercial scale facility.
• Proven experience in technical customer support and problem solving.
• Proven clear communication skills that include the ability to interact with customers and business leadership team members.
Country United States of America
State/Province New York (NY)
General To apply for this position please:
Log onto www.sabic-ip.com/careers
Click on Search Openings
In the Keywords Text Box, type in the job title
Complete the required fields and submit resume
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About our company
SABIC’s Innovative Plastics business is a leading global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with operations in more than 35 countries, and over 9,000 employees worldwide. We are a multi-billion dollar business unit of SABIC, one of the most respected petrochemical companies in the world. As part of the SABIC family of businesses, we attract world-class diverse talent, and develop their leadership and technical skills. Every day our people redefine the plastics industry with their passion, creativity and innovation to create breakthrough solutions that enable safer, more environmentally responsible products.
No agency submittals.