Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Job Title: Senior Process Technology Engineer
Auto req ID 3470BR
Relocation Assistance Yes
Department Technology & Innovation
Functional Work Area Engineering, Research
SABIC's Innovative Plastics business seeks high energy, goal-focused individuals who are proactive in problem solving and have the leadership and communication skills needed to help a diversified global business achieve its goals.
• As part of a global cross-functional team, lead and deliver the technical deliverables that are necessary in the commercialization of new sustainable processes and products.
• Strong background in gasification and pyrolysis technologies
• Use engineering principles in assessing viability of new technologies primarily in gasification and pyrolysis.
• Identify engineering contractors and process engineering firms, negotiate deliverables and lead development of different phases of engineering project from concept design to detailed engineering package.
• Provide recommendations to SABIC businesses about various technologies based on IP, techno-economics, scalability and manufacturing robustness.
• Work with venturing and external network functions to assess external technologies of relevance to SABIC businesses
• Plan and manage projects to develop and advance new process technology from the laboratory scale, through the pilot scale & commercial implementation, using modeling and statistically-based tools to establish product and process capability.
• Extending rigor to take new products from the laboratory to the manufacturing floor, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
• Establish inclusive and early partnerships with ancillary technical functions such as venturing, corporate strategy and technical centers to proactively plan and gain inputs on process development programs.
• Use statistical design of experiments to deliver Lean Six Sigma performance while inventing, developing, and implementing new technology to our engineering thermoplastics portfolio
• Commitment and interest in the rigor required to transform new processes from laboratory-scale to commercialization.
This position is located in Mt. Vernon, IN just outside of Evansville, IN.
• Degrees: BS/MS/PhD in Chemical Engineering (Minimum of 8 years experience in Chemical / Energy industry preferred)
• Strong background in fundamental engineering principles (mass and energy balances, thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, unit operations, reaction kinetics and engineering, fluid mechanics, modeling, etc.) required.
• Demonstrated ability to solve relevant technical problems in the field of study with appropriate use of experimental design and statistical analysis. Experience with Statistical analysis tools, ASPEN process simulation software and Design of Experiment approach a plus
• Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills; able to deliver technical messages effectively to non-technical stakeholders and team members
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional disciplines (e.g. business leaders, technicians, chemists, chemical engineers, and manufacturing teams).
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives
• Willing to travel 30- 40 % domestically and internationally.
• You must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
Country United States of America
State/Province Indiana (IN)
General To apply for this position please:
Log onto www.sabic-ip.com/careers
Click on Search Openings
In the Keywords Text Box, type in the job title
Complete the required fields and submit resume
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About our company
SABIC is a Global Leader in Petrochemicals, Intermediates, Polymers, Specialty materials, Steel and Fertilizers with Annual revenues of over $30B. SABIC is ranked in Top 5 Chemical Companies in Revenue, Profitability and Market Capitalization and has been named in the list of most admired companies by Fortune Magazine. Sabic Innovative Plastics is the Specialty Engineering Thermoplastics division of SABIC with annual revenues of over $6B and 9000+ employees in 60 locations worldwide. Sabic Innovative Plastics has a 800+ strong Global Technology team developing cutting edge product and processes to support the growing needs of the Automotive, Electronics, Energy, Medical, Building and Construction and Transportation markets.
No agency submittals.
The company will assist with the costs of relocation.