Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Job Title: Process Technology Engineer
Auto req ID 3076BR
Relocation Assistance Yes
Department Technology & Innovation
Functional Work Area Research
SABIC Innovative Plastics seeks high energy, goal-focused individuals who are proactive in problem solving and have the leadership and communication skills needed to help a diversified global business achieve its goals.
• As part of a cross-functional team based in an industrial plant environment, lead and deliver the technical deliverables that are necessary in the design and commercialization of new polymers and polymer blends and/or in the optimization of existing monomer and polymer-based products
• Working in an interdisciplinary team to define new opportunities and to find cost effective solutions for manufacturing and customer issues
• Work with manufacturing operations to identify opportunities for productivity, quality and throughput improvements, then developing and implementing process technology to achieve those goals.
• Plan and manage projects to develop and advance new process technology from the laboratory scale, through the pilot scale & commercial implementation, using modeling and statistically-based tools to establish product and process capability.
• Extending rigor to take new products from the laboratory to the manufacturing floor, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
• Establish inclusive and early partnerships with ancillary technical functions such as product technology, analytical technology, and color technology to proactively plan and gain inputs on process development programs.
• Use statistical design of experiments to deliver Lean Six Sigma performance while inventing, developing, and implementing new technology to our engineering thermoplastics portfolio
• Commitment and interest in the rigor required to transform new processes from laboratory-scale to commercialization, including the consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
Our site is located in Burkville, AL, just outside of Montgomery.
• Degrees/Experience: BS (+ 7 yrs min), MS (+5 yrs min) or Ph.D. (+2 yrs min) in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
• Strong background in fundamental engineering principles (mass and energy balances, thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, unit operations, reaction kinetics and engineering, fluid mechanics, modeling, etc.) required.
• Demonstrated ability to solve relevant technical problems in the field of study with appropriate use of experimental design and statistical analysis. Experience with Statistical analysis tools, ASPEN process simulation software and Design of Experiment approach a plus
• Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills; able to deliver technical messages effectively to non-technical stakeholders and team members
• Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional disciplines (e.g. business leaders, technicians, chemists, chemical engineers, and manufacturing teams).
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives
• Able to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate global team projects
• Curious and Motivated; demonstrated ability to appropriately leverage available resources to learn and grow technical/professional skills or to develop awareness of new techniques/approaches while delivering excellent results
• Assignments may include: Analysis of commercial data to identify strategies for reducing materials & utility usages; development and scale-up of processes to manufacture new intermediates or resins, including pilot-scale testing, evaluation of equipment options, and commercial trials; testing of new catalyst performance and/or reactor start-up procedures; evaluation of separations capability using process simulation tools & developing options for improving performance; mass and energy balances; process troubleshooting and optimization.
• Previous Industrial experience in process technology/engineering is a plus.
• You must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
Country United States of America
State/Province Alabama (AL)
General To apply for this position please:
Log onto www.sabic-ip.com/careers
Click on Search Openings
In the Keywords Text Box, type in the job title
Complete the required fields and submit resume
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About our company
SABIC is a Global Leader in Petrochemicals, Intermediates, Polymers, Specialty materials, Steel and Fertilizers with Annual revenues of over $30B. SABIC is ranked in Top 5 Chemical Companies in Revenue, Profitability and Market Capitalization and has been named in the list of most admired companies by Fortune Magazine. Sabic Innovative Plastics is the Specialty Engineering Thermoplastics division of SABIC with annual revenues of over $6B and 9000+ employees in 60 locations worldwide. Sabic Innovative Plastics has a 800+ strong Global Technology team developing cutting edge product and processes to support the growing needs of the Automotive, Electronics, Energy, Medical, Building and Construction and Transportation markets.
No agency submittals.
The company will assist with the costs of relocation.