Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Application Development Engineer in fiber filled plastics
The Reinforced Plastics Center is part of the Global Application Technology team within SABIC Innovative Plastics. Application Development Engineers of the Reinforced Plastics Center work closely with the commercial teams to ensure successful use of SABIC fiber filled grades in a variety of new customer applications. Historically, most of the support has been aimed on STAMAX grades, a glass fiber filled PP material, mainly used for automotive semi-structural applications (front-end module, instrument panel carrier, door module, tailgate), and with sales volume rapidly growing. Since 2011, the team expands its supports to other fiber filled plastics and market segments such as Fluid Engineering and Composites.
The Reinforced Plastics Center is a global team with main office in Geleen, The Netherlands, and also located in China, USA and India. The team is leading in fiber filled material application development.
Main work areas are: material characterization, conceptual structural design of plastics parts, predictive engineering for short, long and continuous fiber reinforced material, processing and testing.
Currently a vacancy exists for an Application Development Engineer to expand the team in Geleen.
• Together with the marketing team, translate the needs from SABIC customers globally into technical activities to support the application development.
• Generate schematic structural designs to help the customer achieving much better, cheaper, lighter designs.
• Perform mechanical and processing CAE analysis to enhance customer confidence that these designs will fulfill the requirements.
• Support the customers with advanced material engineering data.
• Help the customer with solving issues during part production, processing and testing.
• Contribute to improving the predictive engineering capability of the Center to stay leading in new application development.
• Master degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or similar direction, including knowledge of finite element modeling.
• Experience in mechanical or processing finite element analyses.
• Preferably experience in the automotive industry and in plastics industry.
• Experience and capable in predictive engineering, preferably on both mechanical and processing (injection moulding or composites manufacturing) simulations using software such as Abaqus, Ansys, LS-Dyna, Radioss, Hyperworks, Madymo, Moldflow, Moldex, Digimat, PAM-STAMP...
• Structural design insight: be able to quickly see strength and weakness in mechanical designs, and at the same time be able to generate sound structural design concepts.
• Project leadership: experienced in defining and carrying out a project from direct communications with the customer and work with a team for efficient execution.
• Good communication skills. Be able to discuss alternative solutions with the customer and coach him.
• Preferably knowledge on injection moulding.
• Being able to set-up part characterization test methods and guide testing done by others.
For more information, please contact:
• Hiring manager: Jos van Gisbergen: +31 164 292433
• Job content information: Claire Martin: +31 46 7223150
• Recruiter: Y Nhu Tran +31 164 292260
Please apply via the SABIC career website: www.sabic.com/careers.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.