Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
SABIC’s Technology and Innovation (T&I) network consists of more than 1500 employees across 6 research- and 10 application centers around the world. The T&I organisation supports SABIC’s global businesses in realising its objectives by providing Best-In-Class Technology solutions. In Europe, the SABIC Technology Center (STC) is based in Geleen (The Netherlands) and Wilton, UK. The primary activity of STC Geleen is to define and to work out research projects aimed at the optimization of existing petrochemical processes and products and development of new ones. Our Chemistry and Catalysis Development department has team members from Geleen and Wilton locations.
As a Catalysis Scientist you will be working in a very professional Technology & Innovation organization. Your tasks and responsibilities include:
• To work out options to improve the production process and product performance in terms of quality, consistency and costs;
• To work in a multidisciplinary setting, both within Technology & Innovation (T&I disciplines) and in the business environment (business disciplines);
• To work closely with colleagues in SABIC Manufacturing to help optimise plant operation, understand the causes of catalyst failure and identify workable process improvement opportunities;
• To co-ordinate tasks by effectively defining goals and priorities and identifying activities and resources needed to achieve these goals.
• You are a Chemist or Chemical Engineer educated to a PhD level in heterogeneous catalysis or have at least 2 to 5 years of relevant post graduate experience in an industrial R&D environment;
• You are able to translate this knowledge into petrochemical catalysis;
• You are interested in industrial processes and in working to optimise and improve the operation of the catalysts in operating plants and identify opportunities to improve plant performance;
• You have well developed social skills;
• You are a critical observer as well as a good analytical thinker;
• You are able to spot opportunities for improving existing processes and you are able to keep abreast of the state of the art in catalytic chemistry and gain knowledge of associated fields and disciplines;
• You can work in a team as well as independently.
For this position SABIC is offering excellent primary and secondary working conditions. You have the opportunity to share your future in a growing international company in an ambitious, professional and dynamic environment. For further information, please contact: Mr. Kishan Gurram (hiring manager), tel +31 (0)6 11 95 64 47 or Ms. Y Nhu Tran (Recruiter).