Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Experienced Material Scientist
SABIC’s Technology and Innovation (T&I) network consists of more than 1500 employees across 6 research and 10 application centers around the world. The T&I organization supports SABIC’s global businesses in realizing its objectives by providing Best-In-Class Technology solutions. In Europe, the SABIC Technology Center (STC) is based in Geleen (The Netherlands). The primary activity of STC Geleen is to define and to work out research projects aimed at the optimization of existing petrochemical and polymer processes and development of new ones. Our Technology Development department has an opening for a process development engineer.
You will be working on the development of SABIC’s UHMWPE product portfolio at the SABIC Technology Center in Geleen as part of the professional and international Technology & Innovation organization.
Your tasks and responsibilities are:
• To use your know-how to improve the production process and product performance in terms of quality, consistency and costs
• To work in a multidisciplinary setting, both within Technology & Innovation and in the business and manufacturing environment
• To define experimental programs and identify the activities and resources needed to achieve project goals
• To develop and communicate a vision of new routes toward improved product properties
• You have a PhD degree in Polymer Science, Materials Science or Polymer Engineering and at least 5 years of relevant post graduate experience in an industrial R&D environment.
• You preferably have experience with and expertise in UHMWPE.
• You have demonstrated ability to keep abreast of the state of the art in your field and gain knowledge of associated fields and disciplines.
• You are able to use your knowledge to identify new product development opportunities, and to link scientific principles, chemistry and polymer structure and formulation to real world applications.
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives.
• You are a critical observer as well as a conceptual and analytical thinker.
• You have well developed social skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional disciplines (e.g. business leaders, technicians, chemists, chemical engineers, and manufacturing teams).
• You have well developed communication skills; able to deliver technical messages effectively to a wide variety of non-technical stakeholders and team members.
• You are a team player but you are also able to work independently on your contribution.
• You have a persevering and challenging attitude towards your work environment, but you can also accept other views.
• You are fluent in oral and written English.
For this position SABIC Europe is offering excellent primary and secondary working conditions. You have the opportunity to share your future in a growing international company in an ambitious, professional and dynamic environment.
For further information, please contact:
• Dr. Dieter Bilda, Global Technology Leader HDPE Portfolio and PO Catalyst Platform, Technology & Innovation STC Geleen, tel +31 46 7223104
• Ms. Y Nhu Tran, Recruiter, tel. + 31 164 292260
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply via the SABIC career website: www.sabic.com/careers.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Sharing our futures in leadership
SABIC is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make to products on which the world has come to depend.
We are the largest and most reliably profitable public company in the Middle East. Our success is the result of our focus on three key areas: investment in local partnerships, outstanding research and technology programs, and an ambitious global growth strategy. And last, but certainly not least, because of our talented employees who have a passion to deliver.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 6,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (Great Britain), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefin, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets in Europe.
At SABIC we are pushing the limits further. We are ambitious and striving to become the preferred world leader in chemicals. To achieve this ambition, we strongly invest in our most important asset – our employees. We see it as our task to help you develop a career with us that challenges you in ways that really make you come alive. Make your career happen with SABIC.