Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Process Development Engineer - Chemicals
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) ranks among the world's top petrochemical companies. The company is among the world's market leaders in the production of polyethylene, polypropylene and other advanced thermoplastics, glycols, methanol and fertilizers. SABIC recorded a net profit of SR 29.24 billion (US$ 7.80 billion) in 2011. Sales revenues for 2011 totaled SR 189.90 billion (US$ 50.64 billion). Total assets stood at SR 332.78 billion (US$ 88.74 billion) at the end of 2011. The company operates in more than 40 countries across the world with more than 40,000 employees worldwide, manufactures on a global scale in Saudi Arabia, the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
SABIC‟s businesses are grouped into Chemicals, Polymers, Performance Chemicals, Fertilizers, Metals and Innovative Plastics. SABIC has significant research resources with 17 dedicated Technology & Innovation facilities in Saudi Arabia, the USA, the Netherlands, Spain, Japan, India and South Korea. Headquartered in Riyadh, SABIC was founded in 1976 when the Saudi Arabian Government decided to use the hydrocarbon gases associated with its oil production as the principal feedstock for production of chemicals, polymers and fertilizers. The Saudi Arabian Government owns 70 percent of SABIC shares with the remaining 30 percent held by private investors in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Cooperation Council countries.
SABIC’s Technology and Innovation (T&I) network consists of more than 1500 employees across six research- and ten application centers around the world. The T&I organization supports SABIC’s global businesses in realizing its objectives by providing Best-In-Class Technology solutions. In Europe, the SABIC Technology Center (STC) is based in Geleen (The Netherlands). The primary activity of STC Geleen is to define and to work out research projects aimed at the optimization of existing petrochemical and polymer processes and development of new ones. Our Technology Development department has three openings for process development engineers.
As a process development engineer you will be working in the Technology Development department of SABIC Technology Center Geleen as part of the professional and international Technology & Innovation organization.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
• To improve olefin production processes and product performance in terms of output, quality, consistency and costs.
• To work in a multidisciplinary setting, both within Technology & Innovation -where you will collaborate with different disciplines- and in the business and manufacturing environment -where project approval and implementation needs to be secured.
• To manage development projects: to effectively define goals and priorities and identify the activities and resources needed to achieve these goals.
• To develop and communicate a vision of new developments in petrochemical process technology.
• You are educated to PhD level in chemical or polymer process technology.
• Ideally, you have some process development experience in an industrial R&D organization in the field of polyethylene and/or polypropylene.
• You are a critical observer as well as a conceptual and analytical thinker.
• You are able to spot opportunities for existing and new processes and products and translate these into value propositions for the business.
• You are able to present your project proposals and results in a convincing manner to both business and manufacturing management.
• You have preferably experience in reactor engineering, kinetic modeling, design and operation of unit operations and the use of computational tools for the design and flow sheeting of polymer production processes.
• You are able to keep abreast of the state of the art in process technology and gain knowledge of associated fields and disciplines.
• You are a team player but you are also able to work independently on your contribution.
• You have a persevering and challenging attitude towards your work environment, but you can also accept other views.
• You are fluent in oral and written English.
For this position SABIC Europe is offering excellent primary and secondary working conditions. You have the opportunity to share your future in a growing international company in an ambitious, professional and dynamic environment.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Y Nhu Tran (Recruiter): Tel. + 31 (0)6 15 481445
If you are interested in this position, please apply via our career website: www.sabic.com/careers