Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Product Development Specialist NORYL* CLASSICO
SABIC Innovative Plastics is a leading global supplier of engineering thermoplastics with operations in more than 40 countries, and over 10,000 employees worldwide. We are a multi-billion dollar business unit of SABIC, one of the most respected petrochemical companies in the world. As part of the SABIC family of businesses, we attract world-class diverse talent, and develop their leadership and technical skills. Every day our people redefine the plastics industry with their passion, creativity and innovation to create breakthrough solutions that enable safer, more environmentally responsible products.
The Global NORYL* CLASSICO Technology team works on Platform and New Product Introduction programs and provides technical support to the Engineering Resins Business Unit. In order to support our NORYL materials growth strategy, we are looking for a fulltime Product Development Specialist. The applicant will strengthen our team in Bergen op Zoom and will lead new technology efforts for developing new NORYL* products.
As member of the Global NORYL* CLASSICO Technology team, you will lead new technology efforts for developing proprietary products and polymers within the poly(phenylene ether) PPE (-blends) business.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Lead New Product Introductions and execute technology programs to drive short and long term business growth strategy.
• Provide and develop technical leadership in initiating and driving Noryl Product Development programs with a strong focus on Design for Six Sigma.
• Lead Platform and Product technology efforts to develop innovative solutions to access new markets, working closely with customer and the commercial team to define new opportunities.
• Provide technical leadership supporting scale-up and implementation of next generation Noryl products working closely with process, other product development, and manufacturing teams.
• Provide technology support to Noryl manufacturing as needed to help troubleshoot and optimize plant performance.
• Provide support to SABIC’s customers as needed to troubleshoot material performance.
• Provide technology support to ongoing direct material supply programs including qualifying second source raw materials for either cost-out and/or security of supply concerns.
• Ensure effective interaction and communication across functions and to business management.
• PhD in Polymer Science & Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science.
• Strong knowledge of polymer fundamentals and materials characterization is desired.
• Demonstrated technology excellence with proven ability of program management and coordination.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, organization and interaction skills.
• A high-energy personality with the ability to identify and lead innovative opportunities.
• Ability to work in cross-functional and global teams.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven six sigma skills.
• High energy, results-oriented.
For more information about this role you can contact:
• Jim Fishburn (hiring manager): (+1) 518-475-3549
• Ms. Y Nhu Tran (Recruiter): + 31 (0)164 292260
If you are interested, please apply online via the SABIC career website: www.sabic.com/careers.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated