Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
Do you have a Bachelor degree or equivalent in electricity or industrial controls? Do you have experience in carrying out design studies for electrical systems? Join CERN and put your skills and expertise to the test on some of the largest and most complex cooling, air handling, and industrial piping installations. Take part!
CERN is currently looking for an
Electrical Technical Engineer
You will be in contact with a wide range of people, coordinating or collaborating to projects of varying degrees of complexity that you will be expected to follow to completion. As an autonomous, proactive team player, collaborating with project engineers & various other technicians who are all experts in their own fields, you will:
- Make technical electrical design studies for both new works & modifications to existing installations
- Assist in compiling work description files based on project leaders' specifications
- Take part in architectural design choices of the electrical systems of CV plants relating to important projects
- Check that work carried out meets the specified requirements in close collaboration with CERN engineers and work supervisors
- Contribute to calculations and measurements of electrical industrial plants with the support of CERN design engineers
Bachelor in the field of electricity or industrial controls
Experience & competencies
The experience required:
- At least 3 years' experience in carrying out design studies for electrical systems, in particular short circuit analysis, power flow analysis, transient analysis, harmonic analysis, system protection and selectivity, insulation coordination
- Proven knowledge of both local and international safety rules for construction & maintenance work in electrical systems
The technical competencies required:
- Design of LV network & switchboard
- Knowledge of electrical rotating machine
- Design of electrical circuit layout
Founded in 1954 in Geneva, CERN - the European Organization for Nuclear Research is the world's most advanced fundamental research institute for particle physics. Over the last 50 years, it has become a prime example of international collaboration with currently 20 European Member States.
Please note that we only accept applications from CERN Member State nationals.