Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company has an immediate opening for an Organic Geochemist at its Corporate Strategic Research Laboratory located in Annandale, New Jersey.
This position conducts research in organic geochemistry as it relates to fossil fuel resources. Our investigations focus on developing broad understanding and predictive models of the fundamental processes involved with petroleum systems ranging from the deposition and evolution of source rocks and coals, the generation, expulsion and retention of oil and gas, and the migration, accumulation, and alteration of petroleum deposits. Our research goals are tied to addressing both the immediate concerns and emerging trends of exploration and production.
The researcher filling this position will be expected to immediately contribute to ongoing projects as well as formulate and direct future endevours. Collaboration is required with resident scientists with a broad range of disciplines, such as physical, analytical and computational chemistry, microbiology, as well as with geochemists and geoscientists throughout the corporation. The position may require travel or potentially an extended assignment for participation in joint projects with research partners in Houston. The position does not typically involve direct interaction with resource assessement or asset management teams.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• A Ph.D. in Geochemistry, Chemistry, or similar field, with a minimum of ten years of industry or post graduate experience in petroleum geochemistry.
• Expertise in one or more area pertinent to petroleum geochemistry including but not limited to biomarkers, stable isotopes, fluid inclusions, kinetic modeling.
• Expertise in one of more advanced analytical techniques including but not limited to comprehensive chromatography, ultra-high resolution mass spectrometry, compound specific isotopic analysis, microscale chemical imaging, laboratory simulations, or solid-state characterization.
• Working knowledge of basic geologic processes and exploration practices including basin modeling.
• Demonstrated individual contribution to research in a results-oriented team environment.
• A strong track record of external publications and presentations and a desire to publish and participate in external technical meetings.
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
ExxonMobil’s Corporate Research Laboratory is a facility of over 200 scientists and engineers involved in fundamental and process-oriented research in diverse scientific disciplines related to ExxonMobil’s Upstream, Downstream, Chemicals, and Corporate sectors. The Laboratory features excellent support and analytical facilities, an international staff, and is strongly integrated with the external scientific community. Its location in pastoral western New Jersey provides excellent public schools and convenient access to New York City and Philadelphia. ExxonMobil offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit your resume with cover letter to our website at www.exxonmobil.com/ex and apply to Organic Geochemist.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer