Online application is no longer available!
Applications for this job can no longer be made through the
website. Our recruiters are always adding new
science and research jobs. Why not browse through our list of
active vacancies to see if your perfect job is waiting?
The scientific program and the research activities of the Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies, IMDEA, Energy have been conceived with the purpose of contributing to the further development and establishment of a sustainable energy system. The institute has as main objectives to promote and to carry out R&D activities aimed to the development of renewable energies and clean energy technologies, with minimal or no environmental impact.
In this context the Thermochemical Processes Unit, whose activity focuses mainly on the production of sustainable fuels, offers a position for an Experienced Technician to operate a pilot plant for the production of biofuels based on processes of pyrolysis biomass and hydrotreating of bio-oils, within the framework of an INNPACTO project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
Requirements of the candidate:
• Experience in operation of pyrolysis and hydrotreating plants. The candidate must have contrasted knowledge on the fundamentals of operation of fluidized beds reactors and high pressure vessels. Direct experience in processing biomass feedstocks will be considered a plus.
• Basic mechanical/electrical skills to assemble/modify components of chemical reactors are required.
• The candidate must be familiar with gas chromatography analysis using different types of detectors such as: FID, TCD and MS. The candidate should be able to calibrate the instruments, and to development and optimize new methods of analysis.
• A successful candidate should have at least a Technical University Degree, but higher qualifications could be positively considered.
In addition the following aspects will be also highly valued:
- Knowledge and experience in control devices and software.
- Knowledge and experience on heterogeneous catalysis.
- Fluent in English at writing and speaking level.